Prana & Power Yoga Retreat 2021
January 23rd-27th 2021
The Iguana Lodge, Puerto Jimenez, Costa Rica
Starting at $1035* pp
To sign up for this retreat click here:
Life is about adventure. Through exploring the world we can also discover more about ourselves. Come join me on an exploration of the beautiful Costa Rican jungle and beach and find a deeper connection to yourself along the way. This 5 day, 4 night yoga retreat will offer the chance to unplug from life and tune in to your body and soul.
Morning and evening Vinyasa classes offered daily will provide nourishment for the physical body and the spirit with challenging and creative Vinyasa sequences, dynamic music and real life philosophy that can be applied every day. In addition, there will be two mindfulness workshops offered and we will explore the special powers of essential oils. When we aren’t practicing yoga or in workshops there will be plenty of time to explore this jungle paradise or just relax on the beach.
The retreat will be held at the Iguana Lodge; a four-star tropical beachfront resort in the remote jungles of the Osa Peninsula in Costa Rica. The resort sits on 15 acres of grounds and gardens including a Native Species Jungle Trail while being surrounded by the Playa Platanares Wildlife Refuge. Three species of monkeys reside at Iguana Lodge, as do numerous other mammals such as sloths, kinkajous, anteaters, raccoons, agoutis, etc. (The are 400 species of mammals on the Osa). Meanwhile crocodiles and many other sorts of other reptiles and amphibians live nearby (not too near).
In addition, the Iguana Lodge is situated on a six mile long gorgeous deserted stretch of beach made for swimming, boogie boarding, paddle boarding and kayaking and a there is a reef less than a half mile out. The warm water has Bioluminescence in the evenings so swimming becomes a Tinkerbell-esque experience.
Enjoy complimentary boogie boards and SUP boards in the warm Pacific Ocean, take out a complimentary kayak to explore the nearby reef, or head up the Platanares River and explore a gorgeous mangrove estuary. In addition, there are some great surf spots for all levels on the Osa, including the Matapalo area and Pavones. Guided jungle hikes, horseback riding, zip lining, tree climbing and waterfall rappelling, bird and monkey watching with the Iguana Lodge in house naturalist, are just some of the many adventures the area has to offer.
The Iguana Lodge has two incredible open air yoga studios and two award winning restaurants where we will enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner made with the freshest ingredients that Costa Rica has to offer. All meals are included in the price.
Iguana Lodge has great lodging options including secluded Casitas, epic Beach House, and upscale Club Rooms.
These accommodations include:
- orthopedic beds
- 100% Egyptian cotton sheets
- stacks of fluffy towels and robes
- organic shampoos, soaps, and other goodies for the global traveler
- batik beach sarongs
- fresh tropical flowers
- free wifi
- ocean breezes backed up by quiet, cooling fans (some rooms have a/c)
CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS & PRICING: iguana lodge rooms
There is EARLY BIRD pricing when you book before June 30th, 2020
In addition: There is the OPTION to spend an extra day at Iguana Lodge on either end of the retreat for an additional cost (depends on room category).
CLICK LINK BELOW TO SIGN UP:
MORE ABOUT IGUANA LODGE:
- Gorgeous 15 acre Beachfront Resort surrounded by Nature at its Finest
- Farm to table meals in their Two Award-Winning Restaurants
- Two world class Yoga Studios
- Tropical jungle Pool and lounging Jacuzzi
- Beautiful Jungle Spa
- Renowned Onsite Naturalist Guides
- Hammocks, Palapas, Beach Toys– rock out reading a book on the beach with a cool, tropical drink
- Tennis Court– We have racquets and balls to lend – no shoes required
- World class Ceramic Studio
To learn more about the hotel go to: https://iguanalodge.com/
TENTATIVE DAILY SCHEDULE:
The retreat will begin on Saturday evening with a 5:30pm Yoga class followed by an Opening Circle and dinner. The retreat will end on Wednesday morning with a 7:30am Yoga class followed by a Closing Circle then breakfast.
- 6:00am Early morning continental breakfast
- 7:00am Morning Yoga Practice
- 8:30am Full Breakfast
- 10:30am-12:00pm Workshop (2 days) & Free Time (1 day)
- 12:30pm Lunch
- Free Time
- 5:00pm Evening Yoga
- 7pm Dinner
- (Tuesday evening will conclude with beachside BBQ and bonfire and afternoon practice will be at 4pm)
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- 2 Yoga classes per day (Vinyasa flow all levels)
- 2 Mindfulness workshops
- 4 nights accommodation (double or single occupancy)
- 4 delicious meals per day
- Free time to relax and enjoy beach, jungle, water sports and activities
- Exclusive use of Kayaks, Paddle Boards, Boogie Boards
- Transfer to and from Puerto Jimenez airport to Iguana Lodge
- International Flight
- Local flight San Jose to Puerto Jimenez (Iguana Lodge will book this for us)
- Alcoholic drinks
- Spa treatments
GETTING TO IGUANA LODGE:
There are direct flights from most major US airports into San Jose, CR airport. On arrival day, please select a flight that arrives into San Jose by 1:30pm. From there we will take a 40 min commuter flight to Puerto Jimenez. The Iguana lodge will assist in booking the local flights as well as arrange transfers for us to and from Puerto Jimenez airport. (It is a 15 min drive from airport to Iguana Lodge).
For departure day, please select a flight that leaves at 10:30am or later out of SJO. This will allow us to catch an early morning flight from Puerto Jimenez to San Jose.
To learn more about the resort go to: https://iguanalodge.com/